Wednesday, May 23, 2007

intarsia crochet: a new use for crossstich patterns


Isn't that pretty? My latest fun discovery in the world of crochet is that you can use crossstich patterns as intarsia crochet patterns. (Some people call it "jacquard" crochet.)

My sister and brother-in-law got me a book of Celtic knotwork patterns for my birthday last year, and this is my first project from it. (Gorgeous book, btw. It's by Barbara Hammet, a scholar and a needlewoman, who takes her patterns from historical works of art, like the Lindisfarne Gospels and the Book of Kells.)

I'm doing this border while trying to decide exactly which of the larger patterns I want to do. I'm leaning towards a cross that's made out of Trinity knots.

Anyway, just thought I'd share something that I'm enjoying right now!

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: