Friday, December 6, 2013

My Favorite Places on Etsy for Christmas Shopping

One of my favorite places to find unique gifts is the online arts-and-crafts marketplace Etsy.

Since this is the season for buying lots of gifts, I thought I'd list my favorite Etsy stores, in hopes of making your shopping a little easier!

(Note: most Etsy store owners I've corresponded with have been great about tucking in a notecard when I ask them to ship gifts to their recipients. Can't promise they all will, but you should definitely ask!)

Stores I've Actually Bought Stuff From:
-Sharon Schock - amazing painter - and her postcards and prints are very affordable. And I've seen her oils in real life, and they're lovely.
-Oh Fudge Store - want to send candy to an out-of-state relative? this is a great way to do it!
-SVSoaps - another great choice for easy gift-giving. I can testify that their stuff smells AMAZING. And they'll wrap it beautifully.

Stores I Want to Buy Stuff From:
-Samantha Mello Jewelery Designs - gorgeous stuff, and friendly for those of us with metal allergies.
-KUKLAstudio - their wire-and-stained-glass jewelery is stunning and unique.
-Pratt Creek Art - I love these colorful little paintings of various birds.
-Painting Well - oil paintings of skyscapes. Lovely.
-Luna Grey Fiber Arts - pretty sock yarn!

Friends' Shops:
-Tetra Variations: intense and awesome paperfolding stuff. Someone on your list like video-games? That someone also crafty? Check this store out.
-EquestriaRags: Know a little girl who needs her own beautifully crafted My Little Pony stuffie? Hit Joi up. She does great work.

Please let me know about your favorite Etsy shops in the comments - I'm not yet done with my own Christmas shopping, so I'd love to hear about anyone you think is worth checking out. Thanks!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: