Friday, December 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Recipe Edition

It must be the cold weather: I've been trying out new recipes. It's hard to want to bake when it's 103, you know?

But now? Bring on the cakes and casseroles! Here are seven new-to-me recipes I've tried out lately:

1) Chubby Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos.  Oh wow. These were SO good. Frying food usually scares me away from a recipe, but this one only called for a shallow splash of oil, and it was SO worth it. Yummmmmm.

2) Gooey Cinnamon Cake. I'm totally starting with the most drool-inducing recipes, can you tell? Oh gosh, I don't think this one even got much of a chance to get cold. We devoured it. Complicated, but - if you have the time - worth it.

3) Apple Pie Bars. This one was easier. It's like apple pie without the work of rolling out a crust. Delicious!

4) Crockpot Barbecue Chicken. Now we're getting down to the work-a-day stuff. This is two ingredients and made in a slow-cooker. Score! I served it with cornbread and salad, and my family gobbled it up. (I used drumsticks instead of the boneless, skinless stuff.)

5) Whole Wheat Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli. Another hit. I used Trader Joe's pizza crust, and some leftover roast beef (instead of the ground beef the recipe called for) and it turned out really well.

6) Basil Garlic Chicken. This makes lots of sauce, so serve it with rice!

7) Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins. Okay, I haven't actually made this yet, but it's on the slate for this weekend!

For more quick takes, head over to Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

Kathleen Basi said...

Whoa. I see menu planning in my future. Anything with the words 'gooey" and "cinnamon" in the same title deserves a good long look...

Jessica Snell said...

no kidding! and you should totally go for it - that's one recipe that REALLY lives up to its title!