Monday, March 5, 2012

Finished Knit Socks (Sunday Swing pattern) - and one more afghan square! (Chain Reaction Afghan)

My Juice Box Socks are done! I love 'em. I was smiling today every time I looked down at my feet and saw these crazy-bright socks peeking out under my soberly-colored trousers.
And they've got lace! (My first knitted lace.)

And upon looking at this picture of them, I am just now realizing that I probably should have mirrored the lace pattern for the opposite sock. Huh. Oh well!

In other news, I finished yet another square for the Dim Sum Afghan. Someday this will be done. Some. Day.
What's on your needles or hook?

2 comments:

Opal @ Celebrte Life said...

I had to laugh at your description of those lovely socks. It's actually fitting. I love the colors you chose. I'm going to attempt to crochet socks. I'll be picking up the sock crochet book tomorrow.

What's on my hook? Let's see... earlier today, I crocheted two round (wine colored) washcloths for my eight-year old daughter. She seems excited about them, and already used one during her bath time this evening. If I have some free time tomorrow, I'll make her some more.

Jessica Snell said...

Thanks, Opal! I like having crazy-colored socks - they're just a bit of fun where nobody really notices, except me. :)

I bet your daughter loves having those washcloths, I know that my kids are always excited whenever I make anything for them.