Saturday, March 10, 2012

Braiding Long Hair

My hair's reaching past my mid-back now, and I've noticed that some of my old reliable updos don't work quite as well with this much hair. So I've been poking around the internet, looking for new ideas. Here's today's experiment, based on this youtube tutorial:

You divide your hair in two sections, and then French braid it, taking only from the bottom, and holding the braid out to the side so that you have lots of slack. Then you pull each braid to the opposite side of the head and pin it, hiding the ends. This lets the slack fall along the back of the head, curtain-like. Very elegant, I think.

But looking from the side, it's doesn't appear so different from a crown braid:
My hair was a bit too long to finish it the way the lady on the tutorial video did; I had to put little clips at the part to hide the tip-ends of my braids, since they reached all the way around:
But overall, I'm pleased! I think I'm going to experiment with new styles for the next week or so, to see if I can't find some other things that work.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

1 comment:

Paula said...

Love it! I'm going to have to try that now too.