Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Megan Whalen Turner's "The Thief", second time around

The first time I read "The Thief", I really liked it. But the narrative pace is so brisk and the plot so compelling that I rushed through it. And, given the tricksy nature of both that plot and of the main character, I suspected that if I read it again, I'd have even more fun than I did the first time.

Well, I was right.  :D I reread "The Thief" and it was SO GOOD the second time through. Now that I knew what our hero, Eugenides, was up to, I caught so many tricks and traps and nuances that I hadn't even suspected the first time around.

My admiration for Whalen Turner grows and grows. Now I can't wait to reread the rest of the series!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

2 comments:

Susanne Dietze said...

I'm going to have to check it out--thanks for the heads up!

Jessica Snell said...

Hope you enjoy it! I think Whalen Turner's books are my favorite literary discoveries this year.

And "The Thief" is good, but "The King of Attolia" is the jewel of the collection, I think.