Friday, September 21, 2012

Video games I actually like

I only play video games, maybe . . . every other week or so?

But about every two weeks, that's what sounds most relaxing, and I give it a go.

They're always the same kind, though. I like the making-order-out-of-chaos style of games. :D The ones where not only are you straightening out a mess, but it's possible to straighten out the mess, and there aren't any distractions from straightening out the mess.

Gee, with four kids, why would I possibly find that relaxing?

So, here's what I like (and I feel like an old lady admitting that these are the ones I like):
-Tetris
-solitaire
-Doctor Mario

See? I am so not hip and happening. There was an old Super-NES game that involved juggling Yoshi eggs on flippable plates that I loved too, but I haven't been able to find it again.

So, here's my question: if you share my tastes, do you have any new ones to suggest to me?

-Jessica Snell

3 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I like sudoku every now and then. Mathematical order out of chaos, and there is always a right answer that can be found. :)

Elena Johnston said...

For me, the writing process involves more spider solitaire and sudoku than I'd like to admit. I let my subconscious work on my tangled thoughts as I consciously bring order to the numbers or the cards. I'm sure that there's got to be a more efficient way to do it... but I haven't found it yet. =)

Jessica Snell said...

Nice, Em!

Elena, I think I feel that way about knitting. Rhythmic, orderly, lets the creative part of my mind work while the rest of my mind is occupied elsewhere . . .