Thursday, February 23, 2012

Links: Polycarp, Complementarianism, Horses, and more!

Today is the feast of the Martyrdom of Polycarp. The second-century account of his death is short and well-worth reading.

Things that undermine the complementarian position - written, I should note, by a complementarian. I don't agree with everything in here (for one thing, I belong to a church that has priests, not elders), but I thought this was very thoughtful, gracious, and smart.

Dream Big and Long - more on motherhood and vocation.

The Art of Horsemanship - I love articles that give me a view into a part of the world I know nothing about. This one does that.

He Who Knows the Story - a very Chestertonian conversion.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell


1 comment:

nancy said...

Polycarp is one of my favorite saint stories. Enjoy reading your blog as our family also lives the liturgical year (Roman Catholic)

I also explored the Regency writers sidebar as I love this period too!

Nancy