Thursday, January 29, 2015

In Time of Need

Hebrews 4:15 says: 
“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.”
It’s a very familiar verse. But in my reading this week, I was struck by the verse after it, which says:
“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
You’ve got to watch out for those therefores.

But what a heartening verse! To receive mercy and to find grace.  And not only that, but to receive and find them in time of need.

So now, every time I hear about Jesus being a high priest who can sympathize with our weaknesses (yet was without sin), I will try to remind my very sinful self (me = weak & very much with-sin), that what Jesus being able to sympathize means is that I ought to DRAW NEAR. And to ASK FOR HELP.


Because He knows who I am. And because of who He is, asking for help will not be in vain.


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: