Friday, January 17, 2014
7 Quick Takes: Recipe Edition . . . again
1) -Chai Banana Bread - This doesn't have a strong chai flavor, but the spices do add a nice bit of warmth to the bread. I made it without the cream cheese icing, and it was perfect for breakfast.
2) -Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins - Now, on this one, you do want to make the topping. The crunchy, buttery cinnamon-sugar topping is brilliant. And the muffins are almost as good cold as they were warm, which I find impressive.
3) -Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup - spicy and delicious. Be sure to serve it with some of the extras - especially the tortilla chips.
4) -Baked Cheddar Chicken Chimichangas - Brushing these with a butter/olive oil mix before baking makes them flaky and wonderful. Not nearly as hard as they sound, and absolutely delicious piping hot. (Not bad cold, either!)
5) -Baked Chicken Nachos - this was much more casserole-y than I expected, but it turned out really well.
6) -Creamy Baked Chicken Curry - oh my goodness: creamy curry sauce is such a wonderful idea. This was great.
7) And . . . that's it. So, for #7, would you tell me what yummy thing you've made recently?
Peace of Christ to you,
More Quick Takes can be found here, at Conversion Diary.