Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 12s in 2012

I'm participating in a crafting challenge this year called "12 12s in 2012". (For those interested, it's hosted on Ravelry in the group "Stash Knitdown".)

The idea is that you make a list of twelve kinds of things that you're going to make twelve of this year.

Here are my 12 12’s:
12 items made from patterns I already have
12 items made for me
12 items made for others
12 items made from yarns in my stash
12 socks (6 pairs)
12 knitted items
12 crocheted items
12 new-to-me-techniques
12 household items made (dishcloths, table runners, etc.)
12 scrappy projects
Look at 12 new craft books (probably from the library!)
12 Christmas gifts made and ready BEFORE December of 2012!

Now, if you look at the list, you'll see that it doesn't necessarily commit me to making 144 objects! (Good thing, because I only made about 50 last year.) A lot of those categories can overlap. For example, if I make a pair of socks for myself using a new technique, that'll count under "12 items made for me", "12 knitted items", "12 socks", "12 new-to-me techniques", and possibly also "12 items made from patterns I already have" and "12 items made from yarns in my stash."

Nonetheless, it's a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing how exactly I decide to fill out all of those categories!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: