Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crocheted Finished Objects: another snood and a cabled headband

I finished the actual crochet-work on both of these projects awhile ago, but they both needed some finishing in order to be useful. These days, most of my craft-time is going towards finishing the girls' Easter dresses and the boy's Easter vest, but on Sundays I indulge myself by working on projects for myself.

I made the first project from a hat pattern in this book, but I wanted to use it as a snood, so today I sewed a circle of elastic around the inside edge:

And here's how it looks from the back:


The next one is a cabled headband (my first time making crocheted cables). I used the pattern for a hat brim from this book, and then shortened it and sewed it closed in order to make a headband:

Both of these were made of a pretty yarn that a friend gave me for Christmas a year ago. I really like them both!

Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

1 comment:

Katie K said...

Those crochet cables look so cool. Great projects!