Thursday, June 26, 2008

what I'm doing

There are several parts in our condo that look like this:

I'm getting a box or two put away every day. It should speed up next week, when we're done with the old house.

But here is one of my favorite parts of our new place, which is pretty put together, the kids' under-the-stairs little play area:

Isn't that cool? When I was a child, my family once stayed at a beach house that had an under-the-stairs little room and my siblings and I loved it. I'm so excited that my kids have this little hidey-hole in our new home.

It reminds me a little of the Office in The Saturdays, the first of the Melendy books.

Did you have a hideaway sort of place when you were a kid?

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YOU READ THE MELENDYS!!!! I thought I was the only one. I still have, "Spiderweb for Two" on my shelf at home.

Yay for good memories.

At A Hen's Pace said...

Oh, we did the same thing in our new house! We're keeping all the Playmobil and a dollhouse in that under-the-stairs spot. Our kids love it, and their friends all think it's so cool.

How wonderful about your new home. Happy unpacking!

~Jeanne