Tuesday, June 17, 2008

where I've been


We're moving! That's where I've been. I've been packing, nursing and parenting. I hope to start blogging again regularly once we're settled in. This move is a very, very, very good thing - we are, with the help of family, buying our own home. It's an upstairs-downstairs two-bedroom condo that's laid out just beautifully, with the living area below and the bedrooms above. I'm so excited about it.

And I am so very, very tired. But excited! But fighting baby blues. But thrilled! But really, truly not getting enough sleep. But happy! etc.

I recently got an Anglican rosary, and it's been helping me focus on my prayers when I get up to nurse the girls in the middle of the night. I'm hoping to write a longer post on it sometime, but for now I'm just curious if any of the other Anglican mom bloggers who read this use one. I've been using the Oh God, Make Speed To Save Us/Holy God, Holy and Mighty/Jesus Prayer cycle with it. I really like that it helps me actually use all those prayers that I love so much, especially when I'm too sleepy to keep myself going easily.

(And if you're interested in getting one, there's a good selection on Etsy. That's where I found mine.)

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Glad to hear your wonderful news about your new home!

I do have a rosary - two actually. I LOVE using them, like you, because they get me using prayers that are lovely, theologically solid and timeless. I talked a little about them here: http://theten0clockscholar.blogspot.com/2007/12/advent-prayer-beads.html

Kathy said...

I would love to hear more about this subject. I am a new Episcopalian.

Kathy said...

I would love to hear more about this. I am a new Episcopalian.

MomCO3 said...

I hope your new place quickly becomes HOME!

I use Anglican prayer beads (a beautiful set a friend made me after my second child's birth). I find it's a big help for prayers while nursing... jsut the right amount of guidance to keep the letdown from distracting me totally.
Blessings,
Annie

Lindsey said...

I'm not a mom, but I do have several sets of Anglican prayer beads. Actually, my mom makes them, quite beautiful ones. For her, making the prayer beads is just as spiritual an act as going to church or reading the Bible. There are many different resources for using them, and my mom has started writing prayers to accompany the ones that she makes for people. It's a very unique experience, and means a lot to my spiritual walk.

Anonymous said...

jennifer f. from "et tu?" recommended your blog to me, and I'm so glad she did -- I'll be bookmarking it. I was having trouble finding fellow Episcopalians blogging that weren't focused on political topics. I can't wait to read all your other posts and to check out your links! But first, to Etsy!