Wednesday, January 3, 2007

so what do you DO on the twelth day of Christmas?

If you're not a piper or a drummer, here are some ideas for how to enjoy the last few days of Christmas:

-sing carols with your kids
-sing carols door-to-door (surprise, neighbour!)
-read and reread the Magnificat (Mary's prayer), the Nunc Dimittis (Simeon's prayer), the Song of Zechariah and Elizabeth's greeting to Mary, all found in the beginning of Luke. These four powerful songs of praise to God reveal a lot about how we ought to feel about Jesus' incarnation. Mostly I get that I ought to be starting every sentence out of my mouth with, "Blessed be God! who . . ."
-learn how to make a Three Kings Cake. After all, Epiphany is right around the corner! ;)

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica

3 comments:

I've moved said...

So, Where in the sub-arctic did your DH grow up? (Mine was raised *in* the arctic, so it makes me curious.)

Jessica Snell said...

Actually, I was the one who grew up there, on the shore of the Great Slave Lake. How far north was your husband? There weren't many real cities north of us, but there were some villages.

I've moved said...

An island of delta on the Arctic Ocean. About 60 mi. from Deadhorse/Prudoe Bay in Alaska, if you're familiar with the area.