Sunday, July 9, 2017

Weekly Links



~ LINKS TO SOME INTERESTING READING and listening, FOR WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR LONG WEEKEND ~


-On a puzzling Biblical passage, this is kinda brilliant: "What About the Pigs?"


-For my fellow short-story writers, this is so helpful: "The Occult Wisdom of Cover Letters"


-From the sentence that suggested that certain popular authors mistakenly understand capitalism as a kind of "life system" rather than an economic theory, this article had my attention: "Book Review: Real Artists Don't Starve, by Jeff Goins"


-And a good reminder: "Don't Embrace the Power of the Dark Side"


-I listened to two quite good Writing Excuses podcast episodes this week, "Choosing a Length" and "Hiring an Editor."


-I also really enjoyed this week's #AmWriting episode, "What Is a Draft?"




I hope what's left of your Sunday is peaceful and restful.




Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: