Thursday, June 23, 2011

while looking at Netflix suggestions

A: "hey, they have Strictly Ballroom on instant-watch now."
J: "That's a good movie." pause. "I don't want to watch it."
A: "Oh. That kind of good movie. ... Hey, what would you rate Sorcerer's Apprentice?"
J: "The Disney one?"
A: "Yes. As a 2 or a 3?"
J: "Oh, low. Low, low, low."
A: "Really? With Nick Cage and all?"
J: "Oh! THAT one. No, that one has to be a 5, just for Nick Cage's hair."
A: "Right. I'm rating it a four."
J: "What? No! I wasn't serious!"
A: (firmly) "I am rating it a four for Nick Cage's hair."
J: "Man, we're going to get all kinds of weird recommendations based on that one."
A: "We already get all kinds of weird suggestions."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne said...

I LOVE Strictly Ballroom. Never thought I would admit it publicly, but every day is a new day.

MomCO3 said...

I'm so out of it, I haven't heard of the movies OR the rating scale!