Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Asian Spaghetti

I had a question about the Asian Spaghetti on my menu plan; I didn't post a link because I couldn't find one, but my note in my cookbook says I got it from Good Housekeeping and then altered it.

It's not anything authentic, but it's yummy! Here it is:

-1 lb. spaghetti
-1 t. veg. oil
-2 bunches green onions, chopped
-1 lb. ground beef (or chicken, or turkey)
-2 T. fresh, minced ginger
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-12-16 oz. shredded broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and/or cabbage (your choice)
-1 3/4 c. chicken broth
-1/3 c. hoisin sauce
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-red pepper flakes for garnish, optional

1) Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add green onions and cook 1-2 min, or until wilted, stirring; transfer to bowl.
3) In same skillet over high heat, cook beef, ginger and garlic 3 min or till no longer pink, stirring to break up beef.
4) Stir in veg. mix, broth, hoisin sauce, pb and grn. onions; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium, or till beg. are tender-crisp and sauce thickens slightly, stirring.
5) Drain spaghetti; return to saucepan. Add chicken mixture and toss to combine. Garnish with red pepper, if desired.

Enjoy!
peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: