Monday, September 8, 2014

Knitting Finished Object: the "Everything Nice Hoodie"

I blogged first about knitting this cardigan here.

And wow, I was not wrong about this pattern: it is fantastic.  As I said before:
It buttons all the way up! And it has a hood. And it has extra-long cuffs with a thumbhole in them, so that you can pull the cuffs down over your hands and they become fingerless gloves!
I actually finished this on our camping trip. We set up our tent, and then I sat on the dirt and sewed all the buttons on to front. And then I put it on. And then I was all warm and cozy and happy.

And now, months later, I finally got pictures of it. :D

I love this sweater. It fits, it's a great color, and it kept me warm up in the mountains.

I want to make it again, maybe in a prettier wool.

But that's a project for next year. For now, I'm just going to rejoice in a project that, for once, turned out just the way I hoped that it would.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: