Monday, March 3, 2014

Links, mostly about Lent

I swear I'm not trying to make posting my weekend links on Mondays a habit, but apparently it's becoming one anyway!  So, a day late again, here are this week's collection of good links from around the Web:

"Married to Depression":
Howard is a bright spot in my life. He makes me laugh. He makes my days better, which is why it hurts so much when this amazing person vanishes into himself and radiates despair or anger. Suddenly instead of having a life partner who is carrying half the load, or even saving me because I’m stumbling, I have a person who is faltering and struggling to carry only a fraction of what he usually does. Not only that, but he radiates the bleakness and it permeates the house, actually creating additional stress and strain. These days we have good strategies for minimizing the impact of a depressive episode. That was not always the case.
"What Is Lent?": this is a very short, incredibly helpful explanation of the season, and how to celebrate it. Highly recommended.

"Lent is Just Around the Corner": some good thoughts on celebrating Lent as a regular person in a regular family. Like most of us.

"8 Reasons Not to Shave Your Dog": not about Lent, but as someone who does own a double-coated dog, I found this really helpful and informative!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: