Thursday, March 6, 2014
7 Quick Takes - Breakfast edition
See, the thing is, we used to do cold cereal, but recently I've been looking at the label and I just can't. Third ingredient sugar? O-kay. First ingredient sugar? I just can't.
So now breakfast feels very haphazard. I figure if there's something whole grain and something dairy, we've got a nice good carb/fat/protein mix. But . . . it's not always very organized.
2) I guess it doesn't matter whether or not breakfast is organized. But I still feel like I want more ideas!
3) Oh - and quesadillas. We often have quesadillas for breakfast. (Or tortillas spread with Nutella. With milk. Which isn't quite quesadillas, but we can pretend, right?)
4) Not me, though. I usually have muesli or yogurt and fruit or leftovers from dinner . . .
5) . . . and yes, chicken curry tastes surprisingly wonderful first thing in the morning.
6) But my kids don't think so. They'd rather have p.b.-and-cheddar sandwiches. Or whatever it is they've discovered recently.
7) Which brings me back to . . . what do your kids usually have for breakfast?
Peace of Christ to you,
p.s.: More wonderful quick takes can be found here, at Conversion Diary.
p.p.s: Of course, the really vital part of my breakfast is coffee. Mmmm, coffee.