Friday, August 16, 2013

Crocheted Finished Object: Giant Pineapple Doily!

Okay, I'm so, so happy with this one. It's just so pretty. All that symmetry. All those points.

All that math that I didn't have to do myself. :)


In the picture it's pinned out and blocking. Tomorrow, after it finishes drying, I'll unpin it and wrap it for its intended recipient.

(The pattern is free, and you can find it here. My Rav notes are here.)

Yay for handicrafts! Yay for beauty that just appears when you follow the instructions! There's something so lovely and predictable about doily patterns. Such a nice antidote to every day life.  :)

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

2 comments:

Chari said...

Wow, Jessica.....that is so very beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great job! I did this same pattern with tiny thread so it came out a foot and a half across. I was thinking about using size 30 thread or even 10 in order to make it as big as yours as a sunshade for an umbrella frame and then again with regular yarn to make a wrap. This was one of the hardest things I've done as far as the hours that went into it and it gave me my official crochet calluses.