Monday, May 21, 2012

Chain Reaction Afghan: the Final Four Squares

I finished the last four squares for my Chain Reaction Afghan!  Actually, none of these four are official Chain Reaction squares - they're replacements for the four squares in the pattern I found I disliked for one reason or another.

Here they are - you'll notice on a couple of them that I changed colors in odd places. That's because this afghan is actually an attempt to use up my many, many Caron Simply Soft yarn scraps, and so I used each color all the way down to the last teeny, tiny end.






That last one is my favorite - it's supposed to look like stained glass, and it does!

I seamed up the afghan over the weekend and started the insanely long border, which is made of three different colors all used at once, so that you have to drop one yarn and pick up another every two stitches - very time consuming, as you also have to reorder your balls of yarn every two stitches in order to avoid tangling them.

BUT. As soon as I'm done with the border it will be DONE and I will have FINISHED something. It feels like forever since I actually finished a project . . . just checked: the last thing I finished was my Petals Wrap Cardigan, and that was TWO MONTHS AGO. Wow. Forgive all the caps; it's just that I'm used to finishing something every week or two, not every month or two! It's all that knitting instead of crocheting, probably. :)

Or maybe I'm just getting more ambitious.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love the last square. It's beautiful.