Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chain Rection Afghan: Progress Report

Above is a picture of my in-progress Chain Reaction Afghan (Ravelry link). I'm still enjoying the variety - the square with yarn ends coming out of it is the one I'm currently on, and once I finish it I'll stand at 15 out of 20 squares completed. 

A couple of notes at this point:

1) I haven't been paying much attention to gauge, so in order to end up with squares that are roughly the same size, I've been adding as many rounds of a double-crochet border as necessary in order to make each finished square as big as necessary. This has the added benefit of making the blanket as a whole slightly larger, which is good, because I want it to generously cover a twin bed when I'm done.

2) Even though I have five more squares to go, only two of them are actually official Chain Reaction afghan squares. I've discovered that there are 3 patterns of the 20 that I just don't like, for one reason or another, so I'm going to be surfing Ravelry looking for replacements. Any suggestions?

I think this is going to be gorgeous when it's done! If you've got a pile of worsted or DK odds'n'ends, and are looking for something fun to do with them, I highly recommend this afghan. It's interesting visually and it's not boring to make.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: