Monday, February 14, 2011

beginning to think about Lent

and in my searching 'round the web, I found a blogger (and, sadly, I closed the tab and can't remember where I read it, so I can't give proper credit) who commented that Lent is marked by prayer, which is justice towards God, and by fasting, which is justice towards self, and by almsgiving, which is justice towards others.
I'm just chewing on that right now, and thought I'd pass it on in case you wanted to add it to the thoughts you're mulling also.
Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, I love that. I've been starting to think about Lent, too. Which is interesting as the Orthodox church has a few weeks before Lent that they do just that - begin looking toward lent. Seems like a natural thing to do so it doesn't sneak up on you.

Tienne said...

I really like that. Thank you for sharing!

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

I like the parallelism, but somehow justice doesn't seem like the right word.