Friday, June 19, 2009

links!

First off, I've realized that my past post probably made no sense, as the map I linked to wasn't a permalink. Oops! You can see what I mean though if you go to Google maps and type in that you want to go from Rouen, France to Spain. I was going to have my hero make a short rowboat journey from just off the coast north of Rouen down to Spain. Because somehow I thought that since Rouen was further south than Calais, it had to be pretty close to the border with Spain. But, um, NO.

I promise, my U.S. geography is better. :)

Anyway, onto the links! Here's this week's good reading 'round the Web:

Square Peg in a Round Hole has some stuff to say about fasting that isn't pretty, but is very honest and good to read, I think. Amazing how the disciplines reveal our weaknesses. Also amazing, I think (though it sure feels like it takes too much time, sometimes), is the way God comes in and is strong in our weaknesses.

Here is a list of your 20 basic romance plots. I think my favorites are #'s 1, 2, 5 & 6. What are yours?

"Weird Al, Stealth Musicologist" - always fun when someone who's good at what he does is recognized as being good at what he does.

I forget where I saw this linked, but these "8 Ways to Find Motivation at Home" are great. Especially the "eat your frog" tip.

And while we're on tips, here's Tips for surviving (and thriving!) in the baby/toddler phase from Jen at Conversion Diary. She's had four in five years; I had four in four years. And I'm nodding along to just about everything on there. She puts things so well.

They're reissuing more of the wonderful Betsy-Tacy series! Including "Betsy and the Great World." Yay!

1 comment:

Tienne said...

I'm all about 17, 18 and 20 on that romance stories list. I love star crossed lovers, love triangles, and sacrificial love. Sigh. :)

I so cannot wait to read your historical fiction. No joke, if you want someone to take a look at it pre-publication, I'm your girl. Not necessarily for historical accuracy, but I'm a whiz with characters and plot holes. And the book sounds SO interesting! Please make sure to let us know where we can buy it when it's out.