Thursday, April 23, 2009

DIY: Button-Embellished Bobby Pins

I'm sure you've seen pricey embellished bobby-pins in stores. And you might have even thought, I bet I can do that.

Well, I'm here to tell you, yes you can.

I'm not sure why we have a hot-glue gun in our house, but I'm certain that it was my husband, and not I, who brought it into our marriage. Because I'm pretty sure this was my first attempt at crafting using a hot glue gun:

And here's a shot of the back, to show you how easy it was:

A few buttons, a few bobby pins. Slide the button of your choice onto the bobby pin, and then put a dab of hot glue on there to make sure it stays in place. That's it. If you want to get fancy, slide the bobby pin onto some cardstock or wax paper first, so the hot glue doesn't glue it closed. If you're me, risk burning your fingers by holding the bobby pin apart while the glue dries (no, wait, don't do that!).

I'm so psyched at how well these turned out! If you try it, I hope you have as much fun as I did.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: