Sunday, November 25, 2007

beautiful potholders from an easy-peasy tutorial


Aren't those pretty? I made them using this tutorial, from Artsy-Craftsy Babe. It's one of the clearest tutorials I've ever done, partly because it's not very complicated, but even more because the author of the tutorial did such an excellent job of explaining and photographing each step clearly.

I'm so pleased with how they turned out - and I love how they're each made out of a simple cotton dish cloth. (And yes, one of them already has a stain - it was put to use the day after it was made!)

I found this tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew, which is running this really cool feature all November where, every day, they are publishing a collection of links to various online sewing tutorials. One day it's children's clothing, the next bags or totes. Anyway, there's a lot of beautiful stuff, and I recommend checking it out if you're interested at all in sewing, especially sewing gifts for the holidays. (Hey, if you start this year, it might be done by next.)

I'm amazed at how much I like sewing. I always thought it would be too fussy to be enjoyable, but I was wrong, and I freely admit it. There's something very satisfying at making something you'd otherwise buy, and being able to make it exactly the way you want it.

Anyone else find any good tutorials recently?

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: