Sunday, May 28, 2017

Weekly Links: meal kits, Ascension Day, and more!




~ LINKS TO SOME INTERESTING READING, FOR WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR WEEKEND ~


FAITH

-"Ascension Day and the Death of Bede": This account of the death of the venerable Bede was very moving.




FAmily

-"Summer Screen Time": I really love the ideas here. I think I want to adapt it for our family.


-"Drowning Doesn't Look Like Drowning": I'm sure I linked to this last summer -- it's a reprint -- but as summer approaches, and the swimming pool beckons, it's worth rereading. Stay safe out there!


-"We At Meal Kits for a Month - Here's What We Learned": I'm fascinated by the meal kit subscription trend, but I've always been pretty sure I can do it better at home. It's just possible that I like this article because it, 1) caters to my fascination, and, 2) confirms my suspicion.




Fiction

-"Literature as Equipment for Living: The Case of The Man Who Was Thursday": an article that chases an answer to the question: "What type of artistic diet will prepare Christians for life in this world?" 


-"Tips from Industry Pros: Before and After a Conference": 'Tis the season -- for writing conferences! If you're headed to one this summer, you'll probably appreciate this article.


-"Secretly a Rocketship": very short, very punchy piece of flash fiction. So well done. (Make sure to hit the "Display Entire Story" button at the bottom of the page, or you'll miss the ending.)


-"Story Climax": a useful article on finishing off your fiction.



OTHER COOL STUFF

-"Seeing Boundaries From Space": this photo essay (essay with lots of photos?) is fascinating. It's about looking at the liminal places of our world from outer space.






I hope you have a lovely Sunday, full of worship and rest!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: