Thursday, September 10, 2015

submission & Christ & wives




This is a very short thought. I'm sorry; I'm sure there should be much more to this thought. I hope I'll finish thinking it in the days to come.

(Also, I'm sure - very, very sure - that this is not an original thought. At all. But now is the time I'm thinking it, so now is the time I'm writing about it!)


Here it is:

Christ submitted to the Father. In fact, His whole mission on earth was marked by submission. It's all through the gospels.

So it seems like the call for women to submit to their husbands must be, in some way, about following in the footsteps of Christ.


Men are worse than God the Father, of course. Much, much, much worse. (As are women. But that's not the point here.)

Still, I think there's something to this insight: if Jesus - God incarnate - submitted, than submission (in and of itself) must not be a degrading call.



I need to keep thinking about it some more.


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: