Monday, September 7, 2015

Recently Tried Recipes (with reviews!)

Beef and Ale Pie
beef and ale pie - loaded w/ veg, too. Yum!


"Skillet Beef and Ale Pie": Mmm, yum. This was a delicious dish.  Though, I have to admit that as I was cooking it I found the recommended seasoning just a bit lacking, so I added garlic (always add garlic!) and some extra thyme.

Next time I might add fewer tomatoes and more celery and carrots - maybe some other vegetables, too. This recipe strikes me as very versatile and I think it could easily accommodating a variety of veggie/meat/spice variations.

But beef + veggies drowned in a delicious gravy and topped with a flaky crust? Thumbs up.


"Mexican Rice": delicious the night of - even better the next day in a BRC burrito!


"Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce": These were not only beautiful (look at the picture at the link!), but they were delicious.
The kids, however, preferred eating them in a deconstructed manner, i.e., they wanted all the insides on their own.  I liked mine all-of-a-piece.
Bonus: the pickled veg, which I made too many of, were pretty yummy on their own as a snack later.


Have you cooked anything new recently? Share it with us in the comments!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: