Monday, July 14, 2014

Daybook for Monday, July 14, 2014

outside my window . . . it's incredibly gloomy for the middle of the summer. And it's so nice. The clouds aren't keeping us from enjoying the pool or the green grass or the flitting of hummingbirds here and there.

As far as I'm concerned, the clouds can stay.

 I am listening to . . . Mumford and Sons.

 I am wearing . . . jeans, a sleeveless tee, and no jewelery except for my wedding set. It's a day for work.

 I am so grateful for . . . my mother-in-law watching the kids for a few hours. For seeing my own mom this morning. For having my grandma and cousin in town last week. For a husband who will come home in a few hours with a smile and a kiss for me. For my brother, for my dad, for my sister. For my growing, gorgeous kids. For family, just all around.

 I am reading . . . an old Bujold novel. Perfect.

 I am creating . . . the first chapter of a new story. Always a joy.

 around the house . . . Somehow it seems like the house needs to be eased into summer - along with the people and the schedule. I'm gradually arranging things around here to the way I want them to be this season.

 from the kitchen . . . we're eating lots of cherries and nectarines and watermelons. I'm making baked cheddar chicken chimichangas for dinner tonight.

picture thought . . . Adam in the middle of the King's River, building a cairn:


No comments: