Tuesday, July 29, 2014

backpacking in the Sierra Nevada

That picture up there? That's where I got to be this past week.

It's Cliff Lake, a six-mile or so hike into the Dinky Lakes Wilderness in the Sierra Nevada. 

It was beautiful.

I went there on a three-day backpacking trip with my dad and brother. The company was great and the location could not be beat.

We hiked. We camped. We read.

We read a lot. (This is my family, after all.)

I swam across the lake, which wasn't nearly as cold as I expected it would be at 9000+ feet above sea-level.

And as you can see in the picture, around sunset, I wrapped myself up in the wool shirt I'd borrowed from my husband, and watched the sky change colors.

In fact, my dad and brother and I all watched it together. For about two straight hours, we just sat, mostly in silence, and watched what the changing light did on the water, and the air, and the rocks.

It was beautiful.

I'm glad to be home. 

But I want to go back.


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell


No comments: