Thursday, October 3, 2013

Knitted FO's, and listening to the Bible

A few projects I've finished lately . . .
Have I mentioned that knitting while listening to scripture is pretty much my favorite thing ever? If I have a quiet hour, any time of the week, that's the most relaxing way to use it that I can think of. (Short of actually taking a nap.) Something about the rhythm of the knitting, and the beauty and meaning of the words . . . they just go together so well. The knitting calms my body so that my heart and mind can listen.

I think this bunch of objects is a testimony to how much I love knitting-and: knitting-and-scripture, knitting-and-TV, knitting-and-podcasts . . . knitting-and-waiting-for-the-kids . . . and on and on.

But knitting and listening to scripture? that's the best.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

p.s. I highly recommend Alexander Scourby's reading of the KJV; he so clearly understands the meaning of what he's reading, and that helps me grasp the meaning better as I listen. Plus, he has a great voice.

No comments: