Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yarnalong - Kilt Hose and Together Alone

It feels like forever since I've participated in a Yarnalong!

First, the pretty, pretty knitting:

That's Adam's kilt hose, which is coming right along now that I'm done (for a while) with all those hexipuffs.

The pattern for the kilt hose is Kilravock, which is free on Knitty, and the yarn is Knit Picks Stroll in Basalt Heather.

And I have oh-so-far to go before this is a complete pair of socks. But at least I have both of the cuffs done, and that's the tricky part!

As for books, I didn't get a decent picture of it, but I'm really enjoying Susan Wittig Albert's Together Alone. My mom lent it to me because of some of the writer's life bits, which I do like, but more than that, it's a story of Susan and her husband making some land in Texas their home, and themes of home and making homes and what Home is are just exactly my brand of literary crack, and so I'm enjoying this book very much indeed. (Reminds me a bit of this one, in its groundedness.)


More yarny, bookish goodness over at Ginny's lovely blog, Small Things.

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's beautiful knitting.

Jessica Snell said...

Thank you!