1. Editing a book about celebrating the church year in the home is pretty congenial work, generally speaking. But editing the Christmas chapter in the middle of Lent is a bit jarring. Not to mention hunger-inducing: mulled wine, gingerbread, stollen . . . mmm.
2. I am also starting to edit in my dreams. I don't know why my brain thinks it needs to spend its rest time making sure its thoughts are thought in accordance with the Chicago Manual of Style, but I wish it would knock it off.
3. I have now reached the point of Lent when I realize that I am not a high-minded person who's delighted to fast. No: I am a wannabe who likes to think she's delighted to fast. I am actually grumbly and grumpy and disgruntled from the inside out.
And I'm shocked, just shocked, that it took me all of about a day to figure that out.
4. Also: Lent is really long. I always forget that beforehand, too.
5. I have a Paschal candlestand in my bedroom. I have a Paschal candlestand because I'm in charge of the Altar Guild so it was my job to order it and put it together.
It's in my bedroom because I don't want the cat to mistake it for a scratching post before I have a chance to bring it to church.
6. I had to fight my eight-year-old this week to get her to stop reading and do her homework.
Which felt so very, very backwards.
7. Also, what I had to fight her to stop reading? The Fellowship of the Ring. (And yes, that is just a straight-up brag. I told you I'm not as high-minded as I like to think I am!)
More Quick Takes can be found over at Conversion Diary!
Peace of Christ to you,