Monday, June 18, 2012

Knitted Finished Object: Adam's Cowl

My husband wanted something to keep his head and neck warm while walking to work on winter mornings. So I dug out some yarn recycled from a thrift store sweater and cast on for the Pelham Bay Cowl (free pattern - and it's so easy) back in February. Aaaaaaand . . . finished it just time time for summer, when it's not useful at all. :D

Oh well! He's still happy with it, and it should do the trick nicely when it gets cold again.



In these pictures he's wearing it looped over twice; it's long enough that he can pull a loop up over his head like a hood and still have a loop wrapped around to keep his neck warm.


This is probably the simplest thing I've ever knitted - it's just a stockinette loop with ribbing on either side - but it took forever, because even though it doesn't look it, the thing is huge. Next time I make something that big, I want to use a more interesting yarn. But I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: