Thursday, September 15, 2011

Extra Links: Edition Question-Not-the-Need

Erm, I forgot two links on the last post, but they're both about yarn, so if you're not into yarn (and you're not someone looking for ideas for my birthday), you can skip this post.

First, isn't this the prettiest blue-and-green combination you've ever seen on spun fiber? It's called "Mallard" and it's lovely, and I want it in laceweight, yes I do.

Second, there is such a thing as Doctor Who yarn. Oh, let my nerdy heart rejoice. Check out this colorway, called "Tenth Doctor", in TARDIS blue and cool-suit brown. I could see doing another Visage Lace Beret in sock yarn from this colorway and whispering "Allons-y" to myself every time I walked out the door wearing it. Hee, hee.

I think the whole Internet is just one giant nerd-enabling device, don't you?

Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

p.s. Yes, quoting Lear in the title is silly. Yes, using the word "need" in reference to yarn is silly. Yes, I know, I know.

No comments: