Friday, July 22, 2011

Yarn Dying . . . again


This yarn dying was prompted when I discovered that in washing some angora/lambswool that I'd skeined from a thrift store sweater, I'd accidentally dyed a bit of it blue - accidentally because the tub I'd washed it in apparently still had a bit of blue dye in it from some blue yarn I'd washed in it previously.

So I thought, hey! lemons for lemonade!

Here's the yarn soaking in warm water before being dyed:








Yeah, the patch of blue was small, but it wasn't going to be unnoticeable on that creamy white fiber.

Here's the yarn post-dying:











Very bright! I think it might need to be made into a very light, lacy scarf. Or maybe be worked up with some of the still-white skeins I got out of the same sweater.

What do you think?

Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

No comments: