Thursday, July 21, 2011

or what's a heaven for?

Some thoughts from a recent Stations of the Cross walk:

-looking at the depictions of Jesus being stripped, beaten, and crucified, I can't help but think, "this is what he took on a body for." Which makes me wonder, is that what bodies are for? Are they made for breaking? For being given to others? For sacrifice? And then, for redemption?

-Look at the way the daughters of Jerusalem look at Jesus. That is what I want to be: I want to be looking at Jesus.

-Regarding the former: when I let myself be distracted by frivolities, and look away from my children when I am supposed to be attending to them, am I looking away from God? Think of Mother Teresa finding Christ in those she cared for . . .

-Looking at the soldier beating Jesus and thinking of the scriptures saying that Jesus bears our burdens: is this how we put our burdens on to him? Sometimes I think it might be.

Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

No comments: