Thursday, April 15, 2010

drinking from a fire hose

Via Mental Multivitamin, I heard today about the 15 books in 15 days challenge from Girl Detective.

I don't know if I can do it. I usually average a couple of books a week. But . . . but it sounds like it'd be a good way to crowd out the way-too-frequent online reading I've been doing lately. 

And my TBR stack is out of control. I have this stack of books that are all interesting to me, but that I keep putting aside for the newest enthralling novel or fascinating non-fiction that calls my name from the library shelves. (I'm such a magpie reader. Me: "oooh, shiny!")

If I did this I'd cut that TBR pile into . . . oh, let's be generous . . . half. A good half.

It starts tomorrow. Anyone else want to join me in setting ourselves up for a glorious failure?

peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

2 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Mercy. I'll pass! I've been doing my best to lose myself in the Vorkosigan series this past week, and even so have managed only three of the books. :)

Unknown said...

oh! I want to do this so badly - but there are 6 teaching weeks left to the semester and I am still neckdeep in prep for this new class