Friday, March 20, 2009

Finished Object Friday: Crocheted Dishcloth

I haven't been doing a ton of crafting lately, as I've been spending most of my free time getting my entry ready for the Genesis. But here and there (like when I'm watching the kids play outside), I've been making crochet dishcloths. This one is my first try doing a ripple stitch (yes, I've been crocheting this long and never done a ripple stitch), and I like how cheery it looks on my sink. Thanks to my brother, who gave me a pack of crochet pattern cards for Christmas - it's been fun experimenting with them!

Discloths are the perfect medium for trying new stitches, btw, because they're so small. My only advice is to use cotton, and to make sure the stitch you're trying is close-woven enough to wash dishes well. Also, a single-crochet border will cover a multitude of sins.

Check out Ranee's blog for other finished objects!

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool...I didn't know you were entering the GENESIS contest. One of my blog friends took first in Women's fiction last year. Awesome!

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

That looks so bright and spring-y. I know how hard it is to craft and raise children and take care of home and babies. Brava!

SarahLee08 said...

SO FUN!

I am looking for a small project I can work on in the evenings to help me relax. I might just do one (or 3) of these! I love the spring colors. :)

Thanks for the idea.