Sunday, November 30, 2008

IF YOU ARE MY BROTHER-IN-LAW OR SISTER-IN-LAW (OR THEIR CHILDREN), DON'T READ THIS

Okay, that's an even longer title than the last post had! Once again, spoiler space for the completed Christmas gifts, so please scroll down . . .


...



...


...

Okay, first is a lovely sweater in cool greens and white, inspired by a dress found in this book.

I love the scalloped hem. It's modeled by my daughter, who's the same age as her cousin, for whom the sweater is intended.


Second is something terribly cute, for a terribly cute new nephew. You've seen those cool little girl's dresses that are made out of men's dress shirts? Well, now it's the boys' turn, so here is a little romper made out of a loud Hawaiian shirt ('cause a little fella can't wear pastels all the time):

To give you an idea of how it looks on, here it's modeled by a convenient stuffed animal (as we have no live models small enough in house at the moment):

That gives a better idea of what it would look like on, but fails to show the length of the pant portion, as Pooh's legs are rather short. The pants part is full length, making a nice little outfit that can be worn as is for summer, or layered with a onsie underneath in the wintertime.

Inspiration found here.


So, how are all of your Christmas projects coming?

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

4 comments:

Amber said...

You are amazing.

Anyways, I'll pick my jaw off the floor and admit that I haven't gotten very far. But my sewing machine has been serviced (because the tension was so bad it had stopped working entirely in the midsts of a very cute pot holder), I have some very nice lists, and I've got some stuff cut out and such. But, yes, I'm starting to stress a bit.

Dr. Alice said...

These are outstanding. Loved that aloha baby outfit and the scarf in previous post. I will be happy if I finish one (basic) scarf this year - but it's a start.

MomCO3 said...

Well, the quilt is finished (and delivered, at an early family celebration on vacation), and the gift bags were done in time. The knitted bag was given as well. Now it's on to matching family pajamas, though I think they'll all be too big to be modeled by Pooh. Or Eeyore.
Blessings,
Annie

Lynn Wright said...

Wow. Your niece and nephew will love those! Nice work!