Friday, September 26, 2008

first completed Christmas craft

Finally! I finished my two year old son's Christmas blanket, from the pattern he picked out; the first completely completed Christmas project of the year.

Here's what it looks like from above:

The trying thing about this pattern is that every round is longer than the last, so a pattern that initally feels like it's working up quickly starts to draaaaaaaaag. (It's over five feet from point to point.) But it's incredibly satisfying to see it all done.

And I think it'll be doubly satisfying to see Gamgee in his bed, all snuggled up under it this winter.

And I finally have something to post to Ranee's Finished Object Friday! :)

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

p.s. The pattern can be found here.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I found this blanket on Renae's blog. I just wanted to tell you it is wonderful. Good job!