Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas dresses (Simplicity 5827)


Despite what you might think, these aren't for the twins. They're for my oldest daughter and her cousin (they were born less than two weeks apart) for Christmas. Aren't they pretty?

I found a pattern (Simplicity 5827, if anyone else wants to make it) and really liked it, though the idea of setting in sleeves made me nervous. But I should have been more worried about the zippers; they're much harder than sleeves! And I'm afraid mine don't bear close inspection. But the dresses as a whole are really cute.

I admit, when I first envisioned this product, I saw matching velveteen dresses in red and green, with white trim. But I took my daughter with me to choose the fabric, and she was sure that bright purple embroidered batik was the way to go. :) So I let her choose the trim, and I picked the solid fabric to match.

I really enjoyed making these. It was nice to do something so home-ec-y in the middle of all this medical drama. Very grounding and involving and distracting. I think I like sewing.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: