Monday, October 15, 2018

Monday Links!



Well, I missed the weekend, so here are links to some good reading for your Monday!

-From Anne Kennedy: "Girl, Go to Church."


-And, speaking of Anne, I love this too: "Trading Ash for Honey."

-And here is something very good, from Fred Sanders, about a sort-of oblique approach to iconography and the Trinity: "The Prepared Throne."

-This is about reading the authors that the authors you love loved to read: "Climbing Your Own Family Tree."

-Emily Hubbard, who I worked with on Not Alone, wrote this piece on Medium, and I think it's worth signal-boosting: "Use Accurate Language When You Talk About People Who Have Experienced Sexual Abuse or Assault Please."

-I love the college students at our parish, and so I loved this article: "Welcome to College. Join a Church."

-This is so cool: "Europe's Oldest Intact Book Is Discovered Inside the Coffin of a Saint."

-I enjoyed this article: "Fantasy vs. Reality through the Lens of To All the Boys I've Loved Before."

-Ouch: "Back to the Sources: A plagiarism incident involving Ann Voskamp shows the new dynamics of Christian publishing in a digital age."


From the Archives
-That time I met one of my literary heroines, Robin Jones Gunn.
-And the difference meeting her ended up making in my writing life.



(And for more links and quotations and such than I ever manage to post here on the blog, follow me on Twitter!)

That's it for this week! I hope you had a good weekend!


Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

No comments: