Thursday, February 25, 2016

Recently-tried recipes (with reviews!)


In which I recommend (or not) recipes I've tried recently...

"Sweet and Tangy Glazed Pork Tenderloin with Red Potato Mash" - this was delicious. It's the first time I've roasted pork loin (I know!) and I loved the subtle spiciness of the thyme and garlic in the rub. If I have a fault as a cook, it's that I tend to use too much spice, and so I really appreciate recipes that help me indulge my love of FLAVOR (yes, the capital letters are warrented) w/o going overboard. This one was perfect.

One caveat: supposedly, it was possible to make this in 35 min. I did not find that to be the case (she understated). But everyone around the table agreed that it was worth the wait.


"Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef": not terribly memorable, but not a bad way to have some easy home-cooked "takeout".


"Swedish Meatballs" - the meatballs were okay (a bit too citrus-y for me - I think it was the allspice).  But the broth! Oh-my-goodness, the broth. I could drink it. I did drink it. It was wonderful.



Happy cooking!
-Jessica Snell

No comments: