Thursday, July 25, 2013

Knitted Finished Object: the Shapely Boyfriend Sweater

When I first finished this and tried it on, I immediately felt hot and itchy and just HAD to take it off again.

Of course, that was on a sweltering, sweaty, hot Los Angeles day.

Happily, I later had the chance to wear this sweater up in the cool, pristine, shady Sequoia National Forest, and you can see how happy I am about it:


Once I was somewhere cold, it was perfect.

I love this sweater. It's my favorite color, and it fits me perfectly - oh the joy of handmade clothes!

(And yes, the sleeves are meant to be that long: I can pull them over my fingers when my hands are chilly, and they fold up into neat cuffs when unneeded.)

The pattern, The Shapely Boyfriend, is available for free on Knitty.com.  And here are my project notes on Rav, for any interested fellow knitters. I think my only major modification was to shorten the hem and the sleeves, because I am not so very tall. :)

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: