Monday, April 16, 2012

daybook for 4/16/12: back from Bright Week

outside my window . . . it's dark. I'm back to blogging late in the day.

I am listening to . . . an old ballad. I don't know the name - it's from my husband's playlist, not mine - but it's mournful and beautiful both.

I am wearing . . . workout clothes. I went straight from the "30 Day Shred" to making dinner, to reading to my daughter, to putting the kids to bed, to doing the dishes. Now I'm sitting, and boy won't that shower be nice when I get to it at my bedtime.

I am so grateful for . . . my kids.

I'm pondering . . . how the Trinity is the gospel. (Thank you, Dr. Sanders!)

I am reading . . . The Deep Things of God, as noted above. I read the chapter on salvation today, as I sat in the shade and minded my kids while they played at the park. It started slowly, but it grew to a glorious crescendo. I think the last half of that chapter was worth the price of the whole book.

Also, I'm careening towards the end of Essie Summers' autobiography. It's a long and chatty book, but it's also like a time capsule back to the time just after the second world war - and the world she takes you to is all about domestic life and the writing life. I'm fascinated by it. So many differences from my days in the particulars, but such similarities in overarching themes.

I am creating . . . my contemporary romance. Today I wrote my heroine halfway through a very uncomfortable conversation. Because you should always make your heroes uncomfortable by showing their embarrassments instead of making your readers uncomfortable by skipping over something you've made them anticipate.

around the house . . . almost time to switch out the kids' clothes for the next-bigger sizes. I can just feel it.

from the kitchen . . . made fried rice today. Made it extra eggy because yesterday we were treated to real Thai cooking and I felt I ought to at least try to live up to our hosts' good examples.

real education in our home . . . reading good books to the kids. Still. Always. Read a chapter of "The Tower of Geburah" with Bess and the younger ones got a good dose of Henry and Mudge.

the church year in our home . . . finishing up the Easter candy. :D

recent milestones . . . for the kids? Our twins were baptized at the Easter vigil service. For me? I rewrote/edited my last novel, and am sneaking up to "The End" on the current one.

the week ahead. . . oh, if I have my way, just a good, ordinary week.  That never seems to happen, though.

picture thought . . . um, I have no idea if I've posted this before, but if I haven't, shame on me. (My friends are nerdier than your friends.)

Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

1 comment:

flats in lucknow said...

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.