Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sabbath Books




I found that I was reading more and more, and getting more and more discouraged. My heart was worn. The world kept looking uglier and uglier. And reading was…well, reading was becoming work. 
And, actually, it was okay with me that reading was work! Some things are good to know, but hard to read about. Most of the books in the world that are worth reading still have hard parts, or ugly parts, or even downright disagreeable parts. You read them anyway, because it’s worth doing the work of panning away the sand in order to get to those flakes of gold. 
But, friends, I had forgotten: Six days shall you labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest. 
I needed to read books that were pure rest.

Please head over to Alicia's place to read the rest!


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

No comments: